As the educational sector becomes increasingly competitive, and demand for superior learning outcomes increases, K-12 schools of all sizes need to find ways to do more with less.
By investing in a modern school solution, and moving your school’s ICT infrastructure to the cloud, you can very quickly start to generate some all-important efficiencies. These include:
Streamlined operational processes
On both a day-to-day and ongoing basis, there are all kinds of administrative tasks that need to be completed in any school - from paying suppliers to coordinating student excursions, responding to parent queries, hiring external facilities, distributing collateral, and many more.
With a cloud-based modern school solution, however, much of these tasks can be automated and streamlined – saving huge amounts of time and money.
For instance, by implementing a cloud-based staff management solution, you can streamline and automate the way in which you hire casual teachers – sending alerts to available staff, and getting an at-a-glance understanding of their availability, rather than making endless and potentially unsuccessful phone calls.
Similarly, the teaching body can use cloud-based data to easily and quickly manage the rollover of classes from year to year – ensuring all students are allocated the correct class, and an appropriate level.
In the school office, a cloud-based financial management solution can also significantly improve the way in which staff collect fees, pay staff, pay suppliers and chase outstanding payments.
More efficient and effective learning
Cloud-based technology also has the potential to deliver significant benefits and efficiencies in the classroom. To ensure your school delivers a rich and engaging learning experience, anytime/anywhere access is becoming increasingly essential.
By implementing a cloud-based learning management system (LMS), your school can also do more with less, by enabling:
- Anytime, anywhere study - with the ability to connect to learning resources anytime and anywhere, students can study in a way, and at a time, that suits them.
- Greater collaboration – cloud-based technology makes it easier for teachers, parents and students to collaborate, communicate and share information. Parents can log-in to check their child’s progress, and cloud-based forums can enable discussions on key topics. Teachers can also create and manage resources with far greater flexibility. Students can also collaborate on projects to get better results.
- Richer learning resources – a whole range of resources can be added to learning platforms, making it easier for students to efficiently learn and absorb information.
- Greater efficiency for teachers – according to a recent report by Microsoft and Tech & Learning, “by storing content online, teachers no longer need to spend time and resources printing or copying long documents or lesson plans. The cloud allows online access to digital materials: lesson notes, homework, assignments and more.”
Streamlined IT management
With a cloud-based ICT solution in place, your IT resources can focus less on keeping the lights on, and more on strategic partnerships and bigger picture technology projects.
From a day-to-day IT management perspective, a cloud-based solution can help with:
- Ensuring technology is always up to date via security patches and upgrades.
- Streamlining access to technology for new students, parents and teachers – with the ability for users to access their IT services directly, re-set their passwords and download applications.
- Consolidating IT systems across different campuses (for schools which operate across more than one location).
- Enabling single sign-on, so that disparate tools, resources and systems can be accessed efficiently and consistently.
According to the Microsoft and Tech & Learning report, cloud computing is also significantly more effective than using in-house data centres – in part because cloud computing never runs out of space and handles load-balancing, networking issues, and software updates automatically.
“Schools using cloud-based applications also end up spending much less time with implementation than they would with traditional on-site solutions because functionality is managed through a browser-based portal. With just a few clicks, all of a district’s programs and applications can be up and running. And once the applications are deployed and set up properly, that’s it: no more babysitting servers,” the report says.
To learn more about how a cloud-based solution could help your school do more with less:
Or get in touch with the education experts at Insync on 1300 652 207 or email email@example.com.