Upload your meeting attachments in advance
Uploading your meeting attachments in advance gives you time to focus on your meeting when your participants join.
- Set up a Skype for Business meeting in Outlook as you typically would do.
- On the Insert tab, in the Include section, click Attach File or Outlook Item, and then select the attachments you want to add.Your message will show that the meeting files have been attached to the meeting invitation.
- You can also attach a file that is in the cloud, such as in OneDrive for Business. However, the file won't be loaded from the cloud location until the meeting starts.NOTE: At this time, you cannot present a PowerPoint file from the cloud. You can open the file and then share your screen.
- That's it. Just double-check the information and click Send.
NOTE: You can add meeting attachments any time prior to the meeting by updating the original meeting invitation and sending the update.
Use the attachments in the meeting
The attachments you included in your Skype for Business meeting invitation show up in the meeting window automatically when the first participant joins the meeting.
- In the meeting window, people can see there are meeting attachments by the notification in the yellow band and also by the orange dot next to the Present button.
- To retrieve the meeting attachments, click the Present button, and then select Manage Content.
- To view the meeting files, click the Open the file button.You can also do other things with the attachments on this page.
CLICK THIS TO DO THIS Download the meeting attachment. Change who can download the meeting attachment (everyone, presenters, organizer). By default, only the organizer and presenters have automatic access to the content. If you have participants outside of your organization, you'll want to make sure to change this to everyone. Remove the meeting attachment from the meeting. More options, such as save as and rename the meeting attachment.
NOTE: You cannot save as or rename cloud attachments.
Renaming a file is temporary and doesn’t change the calendar attachment file name. Also, if the meeting is restarted after a rename, the rename will be lost and the original name will be restored.