Send a message to an offline contact
When you start to send a Skype for Business message to someone who is offline, you will receive a message confirming that even though the person is offline, they will get the message.
NOTE: Offline messaging can be used for person-to-person conversations only.
Retrieve a missed message
See your missed messages in Skype for Business
In Skype for Business:
- Double-click to open a missed conversation.
- Unread messages with the conversation will be indicated by an orange dot.
- Missed conversation indicators will clear automatically after the conversations have been viewed or after they've been tabbed through.
Be notified if have missed messages via Windows Alerts
Windows Alerts will let you know if you have missed messages.
Don't see this feature yet?
If you find that offline messaging isn't available in your Skype for Business client, it might be because:
- It's coming soon The feature will be rolling out to your organization in an upcoming Office update.
- It hasn't been enabled yet The offline messaging feature depends on the EnableIMAutoArchiving property to be set to True. If the setting is set to False, offline messaging will not be enabled. Contact your workplace technical support team for assistance, and send them a link to the admin help topic Turn on or off Offline IM for admins.
If you would like to find out more about Skype for Business and it's capabilities, please contact our team of experts.